Well, it galls me to have to report that after waiting another three days for the Adsense team to review my application they turned me down again! However, to their credit this time they were very specific about what I needed to do to please them. They cited the reason for my rejection this time as being due to the site being 'under construction' - or so it evidently seemed to them. I must admit that when the website was created - I used dedicated software for this which creates a fully 'stocked' authentic website - I was underwhelmed by the content! The user doesn't have any control over this and the content - which covers five niche categories - appears to consist entirely of short essays on a plethora of topics. One criticism made that I can understand is that the site doesn't have a navigation key or set of obvious links that will enable a casual Internet surfer to access a site index that will allow them to get a rapid idea of the site's overall content. Point made and taken.
I'm feeling sufficiently disillusioned with the purveyor of this software at the moment - though the bonus package that came with the purchased site-creation software was good and copious - that I probably won't bother with trying to implement the rest of her Internet business blueprint because repeated attempts to reach her by e-mail have resulted in no response whatsoever so it's looking like a classic case of an Internet vendor who scarpers fast once she's got the punters' money!
I've spent many days - too many! - mulling over the lessons to be learnt from this and trying to figure out what to do next. I'm inclined at the moment to spend more money responding to a pitch for a complete automated system created by a man who appears to have gone through many of the trying things I've encountered and promises to supply you with a system where you are never left wondering what you have to do next! I don't like the thought of possibly sending good money after bad but I NEED to have a website of my own with products that others will buy! This guys' credentials appear respectable but I intend to do some research on him and what others think of his system before forking over yet more money. I will report on this in the next blog.
(In case anybody is wondering, the reason why I am not naming names at this point is because I don't know what the law is on Libel when writing things about Internet Merchants! I don't particularly want to be sued by anybody even if the things I might choose to say about some merchants and their products happen to be the truth. I will give kudos if I come across a system that is really good and that I can seriously recommend!)
Gary Trudeau
Thursday, 11 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment